Friday, June 24, 2011

Youth Cook-Out Report

I just wanted to quickly relate one of the stories that happened at our Youth cook-out on Friday June 10th, 2011. This is how I saw it.

A few of us got to the church early to set up for the cook out. You know, put up tables, set out the drinks, raise up the tent, etc. Anyway, while we were doing this, a man came by selling steaks out of the back of his pick-up truck. Well, Brother Ross was there sitting in front of the church and this man went over to him and they started talking. Before long they succumbed to the heat and went into the church to sit in front of the fan and continue their talk.

About 15 minutes later, I got a call on my cell from Brother Ross telling me to fill up the baptistery! I had that thing filled up in record time (with cold water) and we baptized that door-to-door salesman in Jesus’ name for the remission of his sins. Praise God!

See, we didn’t know that we were going to be baptizing someone at our Youth cook-out and that man didn’t know he was going to be baptized at the next place he tried to sell his goods, but God did!

There's a lesson to be learned here somewhere. I think I'll let y'all figure it out.

1 comment: